According to an article published 2/8/2011 in National Mortgage Professional Magazine, a recent Coldwell Banker survey of 300 consumers who had just purchased their home found that 87 percent said that finding a "Move-In" ready home was important.
In addition to looking for "Move-In" ready homes there were several additional interesting trends among first time home buyers in 2010:
- 67 percent said the market afforded them the opportunity to buy a home sooner than expected
- Half said they found a home in a more desirable neighborhood than expected
- 61 percent were able to get the home at a better price than expected
- 40 percent got more space than expected
- 43 percent locked in a lower interest rate than expected
According to the National Association of Realtors (NAR), first-time homebuyers accounted for half of the market in 2010.
What trends among first time homebuyers do you think will be important for buying and selling decisions in 2011?
Contact an IET Real Estate agent today and find out!!
Posted by Ben Nicolas on