The value of my house has dropped. How do I lower my property taxes? (LA County Only)

Posted by Ben Nicolas on Monday, April 13th, 2009 at 2:56pm.

This is a really complicated process and I don't have alot of teaching experience so I hope you can get all of this in one sitting...

  1. Go to this website. (LA County Assesor)
  2. Download one page form: "Decline-in-Value Reassessment Application (Prop. 8)" (bottom of page).
  3. Complete and sign form. 
  4. Printout 2-3 sales comparables from 1/1/09 - 3/31/09 that support value you want property assessed at.  If you need help with comps try or  If you still need help contact me at (cell # in signature below) or e-mail here.
  5. Put both pieces of paper into envelope with stamp and mail back to assesors office.

Now please allow me to go rest after that long, strenous teaching session...

If you choose to pay someone or some service $150-$300 (or more) to do this for you, that is what they are doing...



Leave a Comment

Format example:
Format example:

Sign up for email updates